Health and taste
• Less use of both natural and artificial preservatives like salt, sugar, acids, anti-oxidants
Healthier food products. Necessity to manipulate sugar, salt or acid levels used with the objective to slow down aerobic microbe growth becomes obsolete.
• Ability to use easy oxidizing ingredients such as unsaturated fats, fresh butter etc, maintaining shelf life
FRESHCARE® allows for the use of healthy fats instead of saturated fats, contributing to a healthier diet.
• Healthier products with natural flavor and better taste
Conventionally packed food products suffer from continuous oxidization, resulting in a degradation of taste and flavor. Products packed with FRESHCARE® maintain their natural flavor and taste.
• New claims and innovations
New products and marketing claims can be introduced relating to natural taste, healthy nutrition, and use of less or no preservatives.
• Geographic & supply chain optimization
A longer shelf life opens a window of opportunities for geographic expansion and supply chain optimization.
• Reducing levels of product returns and waste
A longer shelf life can significantly reduce levels of product returns and waste.
• Increased production speed & efficiency
FRESHCARE® can be applied at high speed in the production process. You no longer need a long treatment of gasflushing and vacuum packing. FRESHCARE® and flow packing equipment work very well together and secure a constant level of oxygen of <0.1%. FRESHCARE® can also be combined with gas flushing, maintaining a buffer of 0.1% oxygen guarantee in the distribution chain.